Domestic Garden Design
At the heart of Atlantes Landscapes is a passion for bespoke garden design. With over 30 years’ experience conceptualising and constructing garden spaces, we transform your vision into a garden you can be proud of.
Whether you’re seeking a rustic courtyard sanctuary, a classic country garden design, or something edgier, we listen to your requirements and bring them to fruition. We also specialise in terraced garden design, sunken garden design and multi-level garden design.
As a BALI-accredited company, and as members of the The Society of Garden Designers, our landscaping and garden services have been recognised for their excellence and quality, so you can be sure of exceptional workmanship from start to finish. All designs are created by our in-house designers, all of whom have a Garden Design Diploma as a minimum.
Domestic Garden Design Services in Exeter
Our garden design services follow these rough steps:
- Initial Consultation: We meet with you to discuss your concepts and desires for the space. A brief will be drawn up and a free quotation generated.
- Survey: A topographical layout will be created to determine the exact position of elements and levels in your garden.
- Outline Concept Design: The initial design concept will require input by yourself to ensure the garden is moving in the right direction
- Detailed Concept Design: A full detailed concept design will be created so you can feel your garden coming to life. This will be drawn up in full colour using CAD (Computer-Aided Design).
- Planting Design: Our planting services are highly flexible, so each plant is selected based on your preferences, location, soil types and the overall mood and vision for the garden. We will show you a layout of the plants using CAD.
- 3D Visualisation Drawings: 3D drawings will be produced to generate photorealistic images.
- Construction Drawings: Next comes more technical drawings to establish how the garden can be built to best practice. A drawing is produced for each element of construction.
- Setting Out Drawings: A drawing with accurate measurements and take-offs to ensure the garden is set out with the same detail as the concept design.
- Irrigation & Lighting Schemes: The irrigation and lighting design is established, depending on your specific garden and how it will need to function. Lighting will decide which features we want to highlight, while irrigation will be adapted to the type and layout of plants.
- Specification Document: We will produce a detailed specification document outlining all of the above so as you can go and tender if you wish. This document is detailed so the contractors totally understand all the requirements of the design, construction methods, materials, insurances, health and safety and site requirements etc.
- Project Management: We can project manage the entire project, organising logistics of sub-contractors, timings, deliveries and quality control.
With a passion for the environment and a deep respect for enhancing nature through our designs, we always make sure to source sustainable materials and suggest ways of lowering the carbon footprint of the project – creating a space built for you that still honours nature. We also arrange all planning permission, TPOs, LVIAs, and any required conservation work as part of our full-service approach.
Atlantes Landscapes have brought our bespoke landscaping to customers throughout Devon and Exeter – including Newton Abbot and Tiverton – for over 30 years. To discuss your ideas with our friendly team, please get in touch today.